Big Data Foundation
This is a foundation-level course designed to provide you with an understanding of Big Data, the potential sources of Big Data that can be used for solving real business problems and also provide an overview of Data Mining and the tools used in it.
The Big Data Foundations course provides you with an understanding of big data, potential data sources that can be used for solving real business problems, and an overview of data mining and the tools used in it.
This is a fundamentals course with practical exercises designed to provide you with hands-on experience in using two of the most popular technologies in big data processing – Hadoop and MongoDB.
THe Certification can help:This certification provides an understanding of Big Data, potential data sources that can be used to solve real-world problems, and an overview of data mining and its capabilities. Certification will help you become a Big Data Ready Professional.
- Explain Big Data, its origin, and its characteristics.
- Discuss the tools applicable to Big Data processing.
- Explain data mining.
- Discuss the popular Big Data technologies – Hadoop and MongoDB.
- Discuss the Big Data projects and the main players involved.
- Identify and obtain relevant datasets when looking at a business problem.
- Install and manage Big Data processing environments based on Hadoop or MongoDB at a departmental level.
- Multiple choice examination questions
- 40 questions
- 28 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) – 70%
- 60 minutes’ duration
- Closed book